With the implementation of the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act, Act 2 of 2010 (SASREA), it is now compulsory for organisers and all relevant stakeholders of all events to comply with this legislation.
DMS has developed training in “Event Safety Management” an accredited training aligned with the requirements of the SASREA, as well as SANS 10366 (Health and Safety at Live Events – General Requirements). The training is based on SAQA Unit Standard 255914 “Minimise and manage safety and emergency incidents”.
This course will support compliance and will assist event organisers, controlling bodies, venue owners, practitioners and other relevant stakeholders in effective implementation of the SASREA legislation and SANS 10366.
Who should attend?
This four-day training is for persons responsible for pro-actively and reactively ensuring safety and security at live events at any venue, stadium and along a route.
Therefore, the following people, who require knowledge and an understanding of how to organise and manage a safe event should attend:
- Event Organisers, Event Managers, Venue Owners, Sponsors
- Safety Officers
- SAPS, Traffic, Ambulance, Fire & Rescue, Disaster Management Personnel
- All departments involved in events
- Anybody who has an interest in events
The successful learner should be able to develop an event safety and security plan, which includes:
- Interpret and apply legal requirements of the Act
- Identify roles and responsibilities of the Event Safety and Security Committee and Venue Operations Centre (VOC)
- Integrated event safety and security planning
- Risk assessment and monitoring of events
- Crowd management and control
- Venue and site design and layout
- Event risk management
- Event incident management